ASp.net Mobile Forms authentication on Nokia Mobile Browser 4.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Ryan Malone, Aug 23, 2004.

  1. Ryan Malone

    Ryan Malone Guest

    Hi All

    Ive written a portal mobile portal in vb.net that I want to secure to
    only authenticated users. I am having great difficulty doing this, as
    when I test in the nokia wap simulator 4.0 (most of the users will
    have nokia browsers) I cant seem to store any state.

    When I authenticate the user, NMB 4.0 doesnt reflect the persisted
    information. THe web config file is set to not use cookies and the
    state is persisted if I test it with a an actual nokia 6230(GPRS), the
    open wave simulator and also normal IE browser. Any Help is
    appreciated.

    (details of the authentication Im using is below):

    Dim username As String = "RyanMalone"
    FormsAuthentication.Initialize()
    Dim strRole As String = AssignRoles(username)

    'The AddMinutes determines how long the user will be logged in
    after leaving
    'the site if he doesn't log off.
    Dim fat As FormsAuthenticationTicket = New
    FormsAuthenticationTicket(1, _
    username.ToString, DateTime.Now, _
    DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(1), False, strRole, _
    FormsAuthentication.FormsCookiePath)
    Response.Cookies.Add(New
    HttpCookie(FormsAuthentication.FormsCookieName, _
    FormsAuthentication.Encrypt(fat)))
    Session("Telco") = "Optus"
    Ryan Malone, Aug 23, 2004