asp.net mvc

Egerton

I am a little concern with the rapid changes in asp.net. I was using 2.0
then they came out with 3.0, 3.5, and now MVC. It's costing me a lot
because I have to purchase these books to keep up and they are not cheap.
sometimes I feel like it is a money making scheme.

Egerton Forbes
MCP, MCDBA

JM

I am a little concern with the rapid changes in asp.net. I was using 2.0
then they came out with 3.0, 3.5, and now MVC. It's costing me a lot
because I have to purchase these books to keep up and they are not cheap.
sometimes I feel like it is a money making scheme.

That's because it sorta is..gotta keep the authors writing about the
products!

If the target never changes, eventually everyone runs out of things to say
about it..

John

Mr. Arnold

Egerton said:
I am a little concern with the rapid changes in asp.net. I was using 2.0
then they came out with 3.0, 3.5, and now MVC. It's costing me a lot
because I have to purchase these books to keep up and they are not cheap.
sometimes I feel like it is a money making scheme.

There are free ebooks on the subjects all over the Internet (the cloud). All
you have to do is search for them with a browser.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4080 (20090515) __________

http://www.eset.com

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Egerton said:
I am a little concern with the rapid changes in asp.net. I was using 2.0
then they came out with 3.0, 3.5, and now MVC. It's costing me a lot
because I have to purchase these books to keep up and they are not cheap.
sometimes I feel like it is a money making scheme.

Do you have a career or a job? If you have a career, buying books, taking
classes, etc. are part of the price paid to get and stay at the top of your
game. Regardless of what comes out of the ASP.NET team, you should be
keeping up with your career by keeping up with the latest information.

You do not have to buy books, however, as you can get most of the info from
blogs, etc. You have to work a bit harder and cannot take that offline
without a lot of paper waste, but it can be done.

Concern for rapid changes? Buckle your seatbelt, as it is unlikely to change
any time soon. Currently Microsoft is battling Google, Adobe and a few other
players for control in different parts of the web space. As long as there is
a battle, expect change.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA