    sometimes I feel like it is a money making scheme.

    Egerton Forbes
    MCP, MCDBA

    Egerton, May 15, 2009

  2. Egerton

    JM Guest

    >I am a little concern with the rapid changes in asp.net. I was using 2.0
    >then they came out with 3.0, 3.5, and now MVC. It's costing me a lot
    >because I have to purchase these books to keep up and they are not cheap.
    >sometimes I feel like it is a money making scheme.

    That's because it sorta is..gotta keep the authors writing about the
    products!

    If the target never changes, eventually everyone runs out of things to say
    about it..

    John

    JM, May 17, 2009

  3. Egerton

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Egerton" <> wrote in message
    >I am a little concern with the rapid changes in asp.net. I was using 2.0
    >then they came out with 3.0, 3.5, and now MVC. It's costing me a lot
    >because I have to purchase these books to keep up and they are not cheap.
    >sometimes I feel like it is a money making scheme.

    There are free ebooks on the subjects all over the Internet (the cloud). All
    you have to do is search for them with a browser.

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4080 (20090515) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Mr. Arnold, May 17, 2009
  4. "Egerton" <> wrote in message
    > I am a little concern with the rapid changes in asp.net. I was using 2.0
    > then they came out with 3.0, 3.5, and now MVC. It's costing me a lot
    > because I have to purchase these books to keep up and they are not cheap.
    > sometimes I feel like it is a money making scheme.

    Do you have a career or a job? If you have a career, buying books, taking
    classes, etc. are part of the price paid to get and stay at the top of your
    game. Regardless of what comes out of the ASP.NET team, you should be
    keeping up with your career by keeping up with the latest information.

    You do not have to buy books, however, as you can get most of the info from
    blogs, etc. You have to work a bit harder and cannot take that offline
    without a lot of paper waste, but it can be done.

    Concern for rapid changes? Buckle your seatbelt, as it is unlikely to change
    any time soon. Currently Microsoft is battling Google, Adobe and a few other
    players for control in different parts of the web space. As long as there is
    a battle, expect change.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    | Think outside the box! |

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), May 18, 2009