    pages on my localhost. How do i do a DNS-less connection to it and pull data
    from the database? I've tried some stuff from asp.net but nothings working.
    -David
    David Whitehouse, Jul 19, 2003

  2. My colleague Carl Prothman has a great collection of connection strings
    (including MySQL.NET) here:

    http://www.able-consulting.com/dotnet/adonet/Data_Providers.htm#MySQLNETNativeProvider

    Ken

    Ok, I have a MySQL database on my server, and i want to test my ASP.NET
    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jul 19, 2003

  3. Hi,

    here are two good links:

    Marc Hoeppner, Jul 19, 2003
  4. Marc Hoeppner, Jul 19, 2003
  5. Sadly I've already read them and dont understand too well. I've tried to
    give them a go but still get the same errors. What i really need is a
    dummies guide to set it up, step by step.

    David Whitehouse, Jul 19, 2003
  6. Hi,

    have you tried something like:

    MySqlConn.ConnectionString = "Data Source=localhost;Database=<DB>;User
    ID=<user>;Password=<password>";

    I assume MySQL is on the same box.

    Best regards,

    Marc Höppner
    NeoGeo

    Marc Hoeppner, Jul 19, 2003
  7. David Whitehouse

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    are you still having problems with this?

    Alvin Bruney, Jul 19, 2003