Asp.net not running error. I'm stumped.

Mark Rae

darrel said:
Hmm...I'm trying the one suggestoing I shut down WMI. It calls it "
Windows Management Instrumentation service" but I see it listed as "
Windows Management Instrumentation Driver Extension". Is that the same
thing? I'm going to reboot to see if this solves anything.

POSSIBLY related to my problem. I did notice that if I click on my
COMPONENT SERVICES view and go down to COMPONENT SERVICES >> COMPUTERS >>
MY COMPUTER

Now there's no doubt at all in my mind that it's the COM+ / DTS problem. Are
you running any version of SQL Server 2k on your WinXPPro machine? If so, a
reinstall of that is pretty much guaranteed to fix it...

darrel

Now there's no doubt at all in my mind that it's the COM+ / DTS problem.
Are you running any version of SQL Server 2k on your WinXPPro machine? If
so, a reinstall of that is pretty much guaranteed to fix it...

I am...let me resintall that.

Before I do, though...one more question...sort of related...what happend to
the SECURITY tab in the folder properties window that used to be in Win2K? I
thought I'd check permission issues on the folder while I'm at it, but
realize that I don't know how in XP Pro.

-Darrel

darrel

Now there's no doubt at all in my mind that it's the COM+ / DTS problem.
I am...let me resintall that.

Well, I reinstalled that, rebooted, still, no luck.Same error.

-Darrel

Guest

that worked for me. I had the same error. win xp pro and sql 2000 upgrade to
1.1 with
same error. yay. thanks!
steve

darrel

Well, I reinstalled that, rebooted, still, no luck.Same error.

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but here's the ultimate
solution:

Took it to a .net development firm where some friends of mine work. After 2
hours of various .net developers poking at it, a concencus was reached:

- reformat drive, reinstall everything.

Which, 5 hours later, *did* resolve everything.

To quote the very first line in the Windows XP Pro manual:

"Get ready for a whole new experience"

New experience indeed. ;o)

Now, off to find all of my drivers that got lost in the reformat...

-Darrel

Guest

Sounds like your COM+ is bad.. do this:

C:\> move %WinDir%\System32\Clbcatq.dll %WinDir%\System32\~Clbcatq.dll

REBOOT

C:\> cd %windir%
C:\WINDOWS> rmdir /s Registration
C:\> reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\COM3

Go to the control panel, select "Add/Remove program files" and then
"Add/Remove windows components", just click "Next" and it will reinstall COM+

BACK AT THAT DOS PROMPT

C:\WINDOWS> regsvr32 ole32.dll
C:\WINDOWS> regsvr32 oleaut32.dll

Guest

Didn't see this post before I posted the solution that most likely would have
fixed your problem. All you had to do was a COM+ uninstall/reinstall. Read
my reply below. Maybe next time:)

Guest

I found this entire thread VERY helpful. I got a 1.1 500 error when trying
to open or add a new web project in .NET. I'm new and wasn't sure how to
debug and have been trying to learn other parts of .NET until I found a
solution. Thanks.

I did have to do a search for the files mentioned in this thread and then
drag them from Explorer to the command line to get the full path entered. I
also right-clicked on 'My Computer, <manage>, <services>, <ASP.NET State
Service> and started it before adding a .NET web project. I'm not sure if
the last was necessary.

Mathieson Sterling

I'm having the same issue. I had everything running, left the machine
on for about 13 hours, and in the morning all my webapps throw this same
error and won't allow me to debug or run them. I'm in the middle of
reinstalling IIS now, but I haven't found a good explaination or
surefire solution anywhere.

Paolo Vecchi

Today I've had the same error.
I've tryed a lot of solutions... nothing !
Then, I've reinstalled windows xp pro sp2 and so...
all is good now !!!!
Try this and let me know

Paolo