ASP:NET on Intranet - Windows Authentication to Access SQL Server

andy

I have come up against what seems to be a common problem when using
asp.net (1.1) over an intranet connecting to sql server 2000 on
seperate machines, in that integrated security is lost between the two,
so i can't use SQL server permission/login features.
http://idunno.org/dotNet/trustedConnections.aspx describes the problem
in detail.

The recommend solution by microsoft seems to be to store encrypted
username password info in the registry referenceing them in the
webconfig file, not very smooth, but my question is how do i
programatically update the password in the webconfig file when the user
updates their password once a month?

Anybody have any ideas for this problem?

Daniel Fisher\(lennybacon\)

A Domain would solve problems of distributing the user account ASPNET.

andy

Thanks for the reply but im not sure what you mean, can you elaborate a
little ? thanks andy