ASP .NET on Win 2003 Standard + Domain Controller with Active Directory : Temporary folder-Access de

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Juleke, Apr 11, 2004.

  1. Juleke

    Juleke Guest

    Hello,
    For some test, I have setup one computer with Win 2003 Standard + IIS +
    Active Directory

    My problem is Access to the path
    "c:\windows\microsoft.NET\framework\v1.1.4322\temporary ASP.NET Files\...."
    is denied

    when I'm trying to use a .NEt application

    I have found on microsoft msdn support site

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...s/wss/wss/_exch2k_running_asp_net_on_a_dc.asp

    I have applied this work around. But it seem that this work around doesn't
    work on Win 2003
    I receive always
    Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.NET\framework\v1.1.4322\temporary
    ASP.NET Files\...." is denied

    I have also try to update the machine.config with a admin user but same
    problem

    Someone have an idea for me ?

    Thanks in advance

    Juleke
    Juleke, Apr 11, 2004

  2. Yep

    I just built a Windows 2003 + IIS6 + Visual Studio 2003. Added the
    QuickStart apps in the Framework 1.1 and tried to run the QuickStart
    samples. Got exactly the same error message. Seem that ASP.NET runs
    under the NETWORK SERVICE account on Win 2003. I went to the
    "\Temporary ASP.NET Files" folder and added the NETWORK SERVICE
    account and gave it Full Control. Bingo it worked. I think ASP.NET
    makes some temporary foldres under this folder. Give it a try and let
    me know how it works.

    Paul Sullivan

    Paul Sullivan, Apr 12, 2004

  3. Juleke

    Juleke Guest

    Hello,

    Thank you for your help,

    Bingo, I have add Network Service to \Temporary ASP.NET Files" folder and
    it's works.

    Have a nice day

    Juleke

    Juleke, Apr 12, 2004