ASP.NET on Win2K3

Guest

When creating an ASP.NET project on a Win2K3 machine, I get the following prompt

<START_OF_PROMPT
The default Web access mode for this project is set to file share but the project folder at 'http://localhost/myProj' cannot be opened with the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myProj'. The error returned was

Unable to create Web project 'myProj'. The file path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myProj' does not correspond to the URL 'http://localhost/myProj'. The two need to map to the same server location. HTTP Error 404

What would you like to do
<option 1> Retry using a different file share path
<option 2> Try to open the project with FrontPage Server Extension

<END_OF_PROMPT

Whichever option I choose doesn't solve the problem. I've allowed all Web Service Extensions w/in IIS. I've also done workarounds stated in this link http://www.dotnet247.com/247reference/msgs/29/148350.aspx but still no good. Please help. Thanks

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

A couple of ideas:

1. Make sure your inetpub is on C
2. Check the .webinfo file and make sure it is the proper URL. Try editing
this to 127.0.0.1, or the machine name or the machine IP (if static).

FrontPage extensions is a possibility, as it simplifies, but not my first
choice. On a dev machine, no problem.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!
jester said:
When creating an ASP.NET project on a Win2K3 machine, I get the following prompt:

<START_OF_PROMPT>
The default Web access mode for this project is set to file share but the
project folder at 'http://localhost/myProj' cannot be opened with the path
'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myProj'. The error returned was:
Unable to create Web project 'myProj'. The file path
'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myProj' does not correspond to the URL
'http://localhost/myProj'. The two need to map to the same server location.
HTTP Error 404:
What would you like to do?
<option 1> Retry using a different file share path.
<option 2> Try to open the project with FrontPage Server Extensions

<END_OF_PROMPT>

Whichever option I choose doesn't solve the problem. I've allowed all Web
Service Extensions w/in IIS. I've also done workarounds stated in this link
http://www.dotnet247.com/247reference/msgs/29/148350.aspx but still no good.
Please help. Thanks

mikeb

jester said:
[...]