asp.net on windows 2003 Enterprise Edition

sushant

Hi,

I have recently started working on windows 2003 server. I face problem
in creating new web projects with visual studio.net. It says project
cannot be created at "g:\web\webapplication1" for
"http://localhost/webapplication1". The two must be mapped at one
server.

I tried to map extention .sln for vs projects at IIS 6.0 through
properties at "default web site/home directory/configuration" But it
does not work either. At IIS 6.0 help, it says projects has to be
copied to wwwroot, but this way i can't do developement & testing on
the server. Do I need different work station to develop & publish on
server? Can't I develop web site at server itself.

Please help