asp.net opening email in outlook

phil2phil

Hi,
We're currently working on a webform, it's going to require the user to
fill in some information, such as email, name, etc..as well as require
the user to attach a file. Once this is done, the user will click a
button, that button needs to open up outlook and fill the body with
what they entered in on the form and attach the file they selected. Is
there a way to do this? We're using asp.net with c#, .net 1.1.

Thanks.

Hans Kesting

Hi,
We're currently working on a webform, it's going to require the user to
fill in some information, such as email, name, etc..as well as require
the user to attach a file. Once this is done, the user will click a
button, that button needs to open up outlook and fill the body with
what they entered in on the form and attach the file they selected. Is
there a way to do this? We're using asp.net with c#, .net 1.1.

Thanks.

This is not something asp.net can solve, as that runs on the server and
outlook (are you sure the user does have this?) should be used on the
client side.
This will mean ActiveX components and such (sorry, can't help you
there)

Why do you want to use the user's Outlook? You could have this form
post to the server (including that selected file) and build (and send)
the e-mail from there.

Hans Kesting

Mark Rae

We're currently working on a webform, it's going to require the user to
fill in some information, such as email, name, etc..as well as require
the user to attach a file. Once this is done, the user will click a
button, that button needs to open up outlook and fill the body with
what they entered in on the form and attach the file they selected. Is
there a way to do this? We're using asp.net with c#, .net 1.1.

Why on earth do you want / need to use Outlook for this...???

http://www.systemwebmail.com