ASP.NET Page cannot be displayed error

rajesh

Hi,

I have an ASP.net page that takes over an hour to execute.

I get a Page Cannot Be Displayed error.after exactly 60 minutes. I
have set the session timeout = 120 minutes. in both IIS level and
web.config level.

But still the problem exists.

can any one help me

Thanks,
K.Rajesh.

rajesh

Why don't you use web-service / asynchronous techniques to update the
page-response rather than set the execution time to a whopping 120mins!

thanks for your reply,

can u just help me how to use "web-service / asynchronous techniques"
for my problem.

thanks,
K.Rajesh.

MasterGaurav \(www.edujini-labs.com\)

can u just help me how to use "web-service / asynchronous techniques"
for my problem.

You can submit request to a page that may spawn a new thread on the server
but more importantly, returns the result almost immediately.

Let there be a web-service that can be used to know the status of the
progress of the work started. From another page, you continue to "ping" this
web service (you can use Ajax or IFrame or otherwise) to know the status
that can be shown to the end-user.

Once the status is 100% you can redirect the user to another page that shows
all details.

--
Happy Hacking,
Gaurav Vaish | www.mastergaurav.com