ASP.NET Page displays series of maps?

John Straumann

Hi all:

I have an ASP.NET application that reads a list of addresses from a SQL
database, and then I want to display the Maps for these addresses as a table
on the ASPX page....I tried using a repeater control, building the URL in
the code-behind file from the addresses read from SQL, and then displaying
the map thus:

<asp:Repeater ID="maps" runat="server">
<HeaderTemplate />
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Image ID="MapImage" runat="server"
ImageUrl="<%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Map") %>" />
</ItemTemplate>
<FooterTemplate />
</asp:Repeater>

but I am getting an error: "The server tag is not well formed"

Can anyone make a suggestion as to what I am doing wrong OR make a better
suggestion as to how I can accomplish this?

Thanks for any and all input.

John.

John Straumann

Hi mark:

Thanks for the note. Are those single-quotes around the word Map? That
generates an error "Too many characters in character literal"

I thought of possibly using a tab container and adding a tabpanel for each
map, and then an iFrame to the tab panel to display the map, but I cannot
figure out how to add a iFrame from the code-behind...I have to do all this
from the code-behind as the list of things to display is dynamic....

What do you think?

John.

John Straumann

I don't know what top-post means. :)

I got past this...thanks! but I also realized that this won't work since the
url does not point to an image, but to a web page! So I am back to what I
thought would be a simple thing to do, display a series of web pages on an
ASPX form from a code-behind file....

John.

Mark Rae said:
[please don't top-post]
Are those single-quotes around the word Map?
Yes.

That generates an error "Too many characters in character literal"

Hmm - OK, then, try this:

<asp:Image ID="MapImage" runat="server"
ImageUrl='<%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Map") %>' />

John Straumann

Ah, gotcha....so any suggestions as to how I can solve this issue (from the
original thread)make this work?

John.

John Straumann

Mark Rae said:
[please don't top-post]
Ah, gotcha....

It would appear not...

LOL...Don't be a smart ass, you never know when you'll meet someone in
person! :)
Hmm - you want to display web pages inside other web pages? Probably the
easiest way is to use <iframe /> controls:
http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_iframe.asp

But is this what you really want...?

Well I am not sure, I thought this would be a very easy thing to do. I just
need to, from a list of addresses, retrieve the maps for each address, and
then display those maps on an ASPX page. But since each map is its own web
page, I am having difficulty determining how to display them all on one ASPX
page as I need to.

I did find some posts on iFrames, but they required the iFrame to be part of
the ASPX page, which I cannot do as I do not know how many iFrames I need. I
need to be able to do everything from the code-behind.

Any and all suggestions are most welcome.