ASP.NET Page Source For Clients To Measure Bandwidth

Andrew Hayes

I'm looking for either C#.NET or VB.NET source code to create an ASPX page
that our clients can access in order to run bandwidth measurement tests,
using a variety of methods such as file transfers and page response timings.

Does anyone know where this code can be found?

Or... Is there another way to determine why our web pages can take 20
seconds to load for one customer but only 3 seconds for another?

Andrew Hayes

Yes. I know all that, but it's nigh on impossible to get a client to look at
their own network infrastructure without something that shows that slow page
loads are not caused by our applications, systems or network.

As it is, I setup a test page using Speedtest.Net Mini, which works very
well, although I would of prefered to have something with complete source so
I can tweek the tests.

It showed they had a 200 kbps download/upload speed, and other nearby
speedtest.net servers were in France, even though the user is in Tokyo.

So while my immediate needs have been met, the question remains open. Where
can I get C#.NET source code for a web page that allows remote clients to
test their connection performance to our web application servers?

David C

Andrew Hayes said:
[...]

Why not setup a simple intranet application/page and show them that. If it
is fast then problem is outside your network. HTH

David

Andrew Hayes

I would, which is why I'm asking if anyone has source code for exactly that.
A simple C#.NET page that allows our clients to measure their perceived
bandwidth to our web application servers over the Internet.

Would prefer if it used some file download/upload system otherwise when they
refresh the page it'll come from the browser cache and not the server.

Joined
Feb 16, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello...Were you able to find the source code for this...If yes Could you please help me with this as well..