    pages that are incorrect. I am running .net framework 1.1 and iis 5.1. I am
    currently in the process of reinstalling both of them, upgrading to .net
    framework 2.0.

    =?Utf-8?B?YmFocg==?=, Aug 16, 2005

  2. I've often had the problem, where i installed the .NET framework and then
    IIS.

    They need to be installed in the opposite order, or the aspx extension is
    not registered with IIS
    i.e.
    Install IIS
    Then .NET framework.

    Running the aspnet_regiis -i might overcome this problem as well

    oh, and a way to check if this is the problem
    Open IIS
    Go to you default website and right click and click properties
    Click the 'Home Directory' tab
    Click 'Configuration'
    Check if the aspx extension is included in the extension list
    If its not there, thats the problem

    Hope that can help you

    Grant Merwitz, Aug 16, 2005

  3. Thanks for your input, I have already uninstalled IIS so i can not check to
    see if the aspx extension was listed or not, but i will make sure to install
    them in the correct order. Also, is there any need for the .net framework SDK
    v2.0? I installed the .net framework v2.0 but the SDK is taking forever to
    download (very slow network). Just asking because if i dont have to wait for
    it to download that would save me about and hour and a half.

    =?Utf-8?B?YmFocg==?=, Aug 16, 2005
  4. SDK is just the developer reference, it is not needed to run .net
    applications.
    All you need is the .NET framework redistributable

    Grant Merwitz, Aug 16, 2005
  5. All right, finally got everything reinstalled and it works, the extensions
    are listed. At first i had a problem with parsing the pages but i figured out
    that it was a problem with permissions, but now it is all working fine,
    thanks alot for your help!

    =?Utf-8?B?YmFocg==?=, Aug 16, 2005