ASP.net pages seem to hang

Murray Jack

Hi this is an odd problem i seem to be having

Machine

Windows 2000 Server IIS5
..net framework version 1.1

Problem

The problem is that after a while (approx 2 hours) of the application first
starting pages stop displaying and seem to hang. There are no error messages
on the screen, event log or IIS log - If i do a view source on the page it
just shows me a "<html></html>"

the problem can be fixed by restarting the WWW Publishing Service.

Does anyone know how to up the logging in this or have any idea about what
the problem is? I am a bit stuck

Normal ASP code runs fine,

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Murray said:
Hi this is an odd problem i seem to be having

Machine

Windows 2000 Server IIS5
.net framework version 1.1

Problem
question to a group where those dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

Bob Barrows

Murray Jack

The problem can also be resolved by killing the aspnet_wp.exe process

but after about 30 mins it starts again

Murray Jack

thanks I have posted the question to this news group over a week ago

with no success

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Murray said:
thanks I have posted the question to this news group over a week ago

with no success

So post again (reply to your first post). They may have missed it the first
time. I understand that it's a heavy-traffic group. In your reply, request
advice on alternative groups to post to. I'm assuming you've used Google to
search for an answer ...

Bob Barrows

Murray Jack

thanks i'll give it a go