ASP .NET Panels/Back Button Problem! NEED HELP ASAP!

Chad A. Beckner

Hey all,

I have a ASP .NET webpage which contains several panels. When I click a
button on the first "panel" page, it postsback to the same page, and I
switch the visibility of the panels accordingly. BUT, when I click the back
button, the same panel shows up, not the "previous" panel. I need to fix
this ASAP! I have tried expiring the page, but then I seem to lose
viewstate on the previous page (panel). How can I do this, I see a lot of
sites saying to use panels, but this is a major problem!

Thanks for any help!

Chad

EMW

I have a simular thing, but no problems.

sub Button1(....) handles button1.click
'this button is on panel2
panel2.visible=false
panel1.visible = true

end sub

sub Button2(...) handles button2.click
'this button is on panel1

panel1.visible=false
panel2.visible=true
end sub

rg,
Eric

Chad A. Beckner

But what happens when user clicks the "Back" button of the browser? Does
the correct panels show up? Is there anything special that I need in the
Page_Load event (or other event?)

Chad