    ASP.NET is under heavy load?

    Greatly appreciated for any comments/suggestions/information!

    ke
    ke zhang, Nov 6, 2003

  2. Check out the design patterns and practices site at MS,
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/practices/

    specifically the Architect Webcast on Improving .NET Applications
    Performance and Scalability that is being held in a week or two, and the
    Enterpise pattern
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/practices/type/Patterns/Enterprise/default.asp

    Howver, sounds to me like you are re-inventing the wheel. Portal server
    2003 with the correct architecture should give you the scale you require out
    of the box - if I was designing a portal based on asp.net then that would be
    my first port of call.

    --
    Regards

    John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
    <shameless_author_plug>
    ISBN:1-861007-91-4
    Professional Windows Forms
    ISBN: 1861005547
    Professional JSP 2nd Edition
    ISBN: 1861004958
    Professional JSP
    ISBN: 1861003625
    Beginning JSP Web Development
    ISBN: 1861002092
    </shameless_author_plug>

    John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\), Nov 7, 2003