ASP.NET Permissions and FPSE

Keith

We have an ASP.NET prototype web site which was deployed using the "XCopy"
method. Since this was on an Internal System, no special permissions have
been assigned. The ASP.NET pages worked fine.

Then, so that another member of the team could update the static content in
the static .HTML files with FrontPage 2002, we installed FrontPage 2002
server extensions on the site. This allowed the site to work in FrontPage
2002, but stopped it working in ASP.NET (which gives a "Server Application
Unavailable" message which a "Cannot load App Domain" error in the Event
Log). This appears to be some sort of permissions issue introduced when
FrontPage 2002 server extensions were installed.

So what would I need to do in order to have the site work both in FrontPage
and the ASP.NET pages function? Clearly this is possible otherwise you would
be unable to do development on Web Servers using Visual Studio.NET (which
requires that FPSE are installed on the web site you are developing).
Currently I have worked around the problem by having one site configured in
IIS for FrontPage and another site with a copy of the files for viewing in a
browser, but surely this shouldn't be necessary.

Keith

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Run through the FPSE configuration wizard (settings wizard) in IIS and see
if that straightens things out. I have worked both with and without FPSE
without problems on ASP.NET apps. Also, check and make sure that the FP
designer is not mucking with code. And, make sure the site is still an app
in IIS.

Beyond that, I would need more info to determine the issue.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!