ASP.NET Precompiler Not Working

Kulgan

Hi All

I am working on migrating an ASP.NET 1.1 web app to 2.0. I have got
everything building and running, but I am having problems with the
precompiler. It starts to precompile the web site and generate files,
bu then it gives up and fails without an error message and deletes all
the files it created!

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks,

Kulgan.

Guest

Suggest you use the Web Application Project Model, which is available in
Service Pack 1. That's much more like the original project from 1.1
Peter

Kulgan

Suggest you use the Web Application Project Model, which is available in
Service Pack 1. That's much more like the original project from 1.1
Peter

Hi

That was my original plan, but the rest of the team would like to use
the new Web Site model to get all the extra goodies that version 2
provides!

Thanks,

Kulgan.

Mark Rae

but the rest of the team would like to use the new Web Site model
to get all the extra goodies that version 2 provides!

The website model is rubbish - forget it...

John Saunders

Kulgan said:
Hi All

I am working on migrating an ASP.NET 1.1 web app to 2.0. I have got
everything building and running, but I am having problems with the
precompiler. It starts to precompile the web site and generate files,
bu then it gives up and fails without an error message and deletes all
the files it created!

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Please provide more detail about the error messages you receive.

John

Kulgan

Please provide more detail about the error messages you receive.

John

Hi

The problem is I get no error message! I simply get no output at all!
The precompiler starts to create files, but then gives up and deletes
them all without any feedback of any kind.

Kulgan.