asp.net problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?c3BpbG8xMDE=?=, Mar 4, 2005.

  1. I have a weird problem.

    Computer Hangs if same page is recompiled. -> Meaning that, say i created a
    very simple asp.net file, and called it from the browser. As we all know .NET
    will compile it into a reusable class at first run. Then, if i call the page
    again, everythign if fine, because no compilation is done, the class is used,
    right? But if I change somethign inside the file, and call the page from
    browser, computer will hang. <- this is my problem, that I cand resolve, or
    explain. If another file(with different filename) is compiled (called for the
    first time), and I go back to first scipt, that has been modified, and call
    it in browser, it compiles with no trouble.

    So I have noticed.. that this has to do nothing with the scripts itslf, nor
    it has to do with Hardware. Looks like to me, my IIS+.NET has trouble
    recompiling same file, if some other file has not been compiled. I will try
    to illustrate below:

    1.
    test1.aspx
    <- calling for the first time, .NET compiles it. OK

    2.
    test1.aspx
    <- calling for the second time, (file has not been modified), just
    refreshing, no compilation. OK

    3.
    modified test1.aspx
    test.aspx
    <- calling file after modification(this is second compilation), computer
    hangs. NOT OK

    *NOTE* - if I had called another page between steps 2 and 3 for the first
    time, meaning that I would compile something else, and then going to point 3,
    evrything would be fine.

    I have reinstalled WindowsXP PRO, updated it.
    I hope I have explained the situation clearly. I cant find sollution..
    please help
    =?Utf-8?B?c3BpbG8xMDE=?=, Mar 4, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c3BpbG8xMDE=?=

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi spilo101:

    This does seem like a strange problem. Some things I'd look at would
    be to run chkdsk and verify there are no hardware problems with the
    disk, disable any type of virus scan / indexing applications
    temporarily and such. Try reinstalling .NET also - something seems
    corrupt somewhere.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Mar 4, 2005

  3. 1. Check to see if the Indexing service is running.
    If it is, stop it, and check your recompilation again.

    2. Check to see if you have antivirus software running.
    If you do, stop it, and check your recompilation again.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://asp.net.do/foros/
    Foros de ASP.NET en Español
    Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 4, 2005
  4. Thanks for your replies guys!

    Indexing sevice was off.. and I dont ahve an Anivirus Software.. but I have
    ZoneAllarm firewall.. as soon as I turned it off the problem was gone. I
    appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.

    =?Utf-8?B?c3BpbG8xMDE=?=, Mar 4, 2005