    where my user wants, say C:\Program files. How do I create such a setup
    project ?
    Thanks for any ideas.

    Steve, Jun 2, 2004

  2. Steve

    Helene Day Guest

    I did it, you need to create a setup deployment project, not a Web setup
    project.
    So they are prompt for the installation folder....

    Then use a custom actions during the install and uninstall events, to create
    and delete the Virtual Directory.
    You will need to pass TARGETDIR to your custom actions...if you want to
    know where they are installing the application to, so the Virtual Directory
    is pointing to TARGETDIR, etc...etc..

    Helene

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > My issue is the same as posted by someone else here, and is unanswered.
    > I urgently need help. I am deploying an asp.net application, and the issue
    > is that I need to create the installer such that when my client runs it,

    he
    > can make the virtual directory at whichever location he wants. In general,
    > when the installation wizard is run, the VD is created by the given name

    in

    Helene Day, Jun 2, 2004