ASP.NET project deployment

Steve

Hi,
My issue is the same as posted by someone else here, and is unanswered.
I urgently need help. I am deploying an asp.net application, and the issue
is that I need to create the installer such that when my client runs it, he
can make the virtual directory at whichever location he wants. In general,
when the installation wizard is run, the VD is created by the given name in
inetpub > wwwroot. But supposedly I want it to be there at the same place
where my user wants, say C:\Program files. How do I create such a setup
project ?
Thanks for any ideas.

Helene Day

I did it, you need to create a setup deployment project, not a Web setup
project.
So they are prompt for the installation folder....

Then use a custom actions during the install and uninstall events, to create
and delete the Virtual Directory.
You will need to pass TARGETDIR to your custom actions...if you want to
know where they are installing the application to, so the Virtual Directory
is pointing to TARGETDIR, etc...etc..

Helene