Asp.Net Project not configured to be debugged (in VS.Net) - how to solve

Tom Conlon

I made a number of system changes, due to problems, upgreaded to XP SP2,
uninstalled and reinstalled IIS and asp.net.

Now, when i build my project, i get VS.Net error: "Unable to start debugging
on the web server. The project is not configured to be debugged". (Before
all the upgrades there was never a problem)

The web.config file looks fine, as it has:
<compilation defaultLaguage="vb" debug="true" />

The other thing the help file for this error says is: "assure ... that the
debug verb is associated with .aspx." How do you do that? The help file
does not say.

Project configuration properties in VS under debug are as follows:
Configuration -> (Active)Debug, Platform -> (Active).NET. Under Debuggers,
Enable, "ASP.Net debugging" is checked.

What else can I look at?

Thanks much. Tough to program without debugging!

Tom