ASP.NET Project - Which Version To Use?

Ken Webster

We're getting ready to start a new project within the next 2 weeks and are
wrestling with the age old issue of whether to do the work in VS03 or help
MS debug VS05 by doing it there. Some of the new features of '05 and ASP.NET
V2 would save us a good bit of effort, but at what cost?

Any comments or opinions?

Thanks...

Mark Rae

Any comments or opinions?

1) Beta software isn't officially supported (though you'll probably get
better help through the beta forums than you will from Microsoft anyway!) so
if it breaks you're on your own...

2) If this is going to be externally hosted, does your ISP support .NETv2
Beta? Mine does, but not for commercial sites...

Eliyahu Goldin

If the deadline is reasonably remote from the VS2005 release date (first
weeks of November), I would go for 2.0, provided you have time to learn it.
Otherwise it's too risky.

Eliyahu

Kevin Spencer

At this point, with the release date being so close, I would go with 2.0 (VS
2005).

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer