    With kind regards,

    Stefan A.

    programmer
    =?Utf-8?B?U3RlZmFuX0tJQw==?=, Feb 9, 2007

  2. "Stefan_KIC" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > I have a question about the ASP.NET registry account. I'm writing a web
    > application that requires the server's ASP.NET user account to have its
    > decimal separator symbol set to a period. (because a 3rd party component
    > requires so) I have also created a small executable that is able to set
    > those

    What is the purpose of it? Do you need to pass a number in certain format to
    your component, or format its values?

    There is System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo that may you help
    Alexey Smirnov, Feb 9, 2007

  3. First of all, thanks for helping!

    The purpose:
    Basically, I have a project that converts a C# class to graphical
    coordinates for a plugin. This plugin expects the coordinates to be written
    using a period as decimal separator. Naturally, this works fine if the server
    is a U.S or U.K server, but if it is not, the graphics will be drawn
    incorrectly.

    Your second question:
    I need to pass the doubles in a certain format to the plugin (period
    separated).

    The System.Globalization namespace could indeed be the solution to my
    problem. If I do a .ToString() on a double it uses the ASP.NET registry
    account's settings, but if I can somehow tell the compiler to use
    InvariantCulture it may be solved. I will certainly look this up and try it
    out!

    Thank you very much!
    Stefan

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RlZmFuX0tJQw==?=, Feb 9, 2007