ASP.NET "Remember Me" check box

Abdo Haji-Ali

Greetings,

I'm using the ASP.NET membership model in my site and everything works
perfectly, locally.
However when I uploaded my site (To my host which is GoDaddy), and ran
it remotely the "Remember Me" check box was not working *at all*.
What I mean is when I try to log in with "Remember Me" check box
checked, the login fails completely and I'm taken back to the login
page (Can't say I left it though :) ). When loggin in with this check
box checked on, everything works as expected. I googled for this issue
and found that other have had similar problems with membership model
not remembering them *long enough* (Just for 30 minutes), I did try
the solution they've given me with no luck.
These solutions include:
1. Including a machine validation key and decryption key in both
<AppSettings> and <System.Web> sections in the webconfig
2. Making the timeout for the remember me session longer from the
webconfig also.

Any ideas?
Abdo Haji-Ali
Programmer
TechnoLead

Abdo Haji-Ali

Greetings,

I'm using the ASP.NET membership model in my site and everything works
perfectly, locally.
However when I uploaded my site (To my host which is GoDaddy), and ran
it remotely the "Remember Me" check box was not working *at all*.
What I mean is when I try to log in with "Remember Me" check box
checked, the login fails completely and I'm taken back to the login
page (Can't say I left it though :) ). When loggin in with this check
box checked on, everything works as expected.
This should read:
"When loggin in *without* this check box checked on, everything works
as expected."

Sorry about that,
Abdo Haji-Ali
Programmer