ASP.NET ReportViewer popup-type navigation url

cmarl

Can a new browser window be made to popup when a ReportViewer, table,
textbox is clicked ?
The textbox, properties, navigation, jump to url property doesnt seem to
like
javascript:window.open etc.

Thanks.

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello cmarl,

and how they don't like the JS code? could your demonstrate the usage and
dislike?
---
WBR,

c> Can a new browser window be made to popup when a ReportViewer, table,
c> textbox is clicked ?
c> The textbox, properties, navigation, jump to url property doesnt seem
c> to
c> like
c> javascript:window.open etc.
c> Thanks.
c>

Jialiang Ge [MSFT]

Hello cmarl,

From your post, my understanding on this issue is: you wonder how to set
the Jump to URL field of a TextBox in RDLC to use "window.open" javascript.
If I'm off base, please feel free to let me know.

In order to use the window.open javascript, we could set the value of the
field to be:
="javascript:window.open('http://www.microsoft.com');"

The field also allows to reference to an external javascript function. For
instance:
="javascript:myopen('" & Fields!Customer_ID.Value & "');"

Or you may click on the "fx" button beside the field, to edit its value
with a wizard.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns, or need anything else.

Sincerely,
Jialiang Ge ([email protected], remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

ications. If you are using Outlook Express/Windows Mail, please make sure
you clear the check box "Tools/Options/Read: Get 300 headers at a time" to
see your reply promptly.

Jialiang Ge [MSFT]

Hello cmarl,

From your post, my understanding on this issue is: you wonder how to set
the Jump to URL field of a TextBox in RDLC to use "window.open" javascript.
If I'm off base, please feel free to let me know.

In order to use the window.open javascript, we could set the value of the
field to be:
="javascript:void(window.open('http://www.microsoft.com'));"
Here, the void operator specifies an expression to be evaluated without
returning a value.

The field also allows to reference to an external javascript function. For
instance:
="javascript:myopen('" & Fields!Customer_ID.Value & "');"

Or you may click on the "fx" button beside the field, to edit its value
with a wizard.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns, or need anything else.

Sincerely,
Jialiang Ge ([email protected], remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

ications. If you are using Outlook Express/Windows Mail, please make sure
you clear the check box "Tools/Options/Read: Get 300 headers at a time" to
see your reply promptly.

cmarl

Hello
yes your understanding is correct.
Thank you for your suggestion - I will give this a try

Regards

Jialiang Ge [MSFT]

Hello cmarl,

Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? How is it
going when you fill the "Jump to URL" field on your side? If you need
further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to
be of assistance.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Jialiang Ge ([email protected], remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.