    Anyone have any suggestions? Will this work and if so, how do you hash(?) passwords? Any good links? If it won't work, does anyone have any good links to articles about how to write authentication code.

    Thanks

    Devin

    =?Utf-8?B?RGV2aW4=?=, Jun 10, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGV2aW4=?=

    Raterus Guest

    Look at Forms Authentication again, start small. Of course new concepts are going to be confusing at first, but that certainly doesn't mean you should avoid it, you'll never be a good programmer if you never learn!. Don't settle for your own way of doing it just because you feel comfortable doing it that way, You are bound to introduce more holes in your system doing it that way than to work with a tried and true technology.

    Raterus, Jun 10, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RGV2aW4=?=

    GSK Guest

    I agree with Raterus.

    Here is an excellent article on salting hashes:
    http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/Tutorial/77D4AFDC-585D-4539-A364-30028327FF14.dcik

    - gsk.
    http://www.meblogic.com

    GSK, Jun 10, 2004