asp.net security problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?QmFsYQ==?=, Aug 12, 2005.

  1. Hi,
    I am hosting a ASP.net web application in a web server. The SQL Server is
    locates in the net work it was not in the web server.
    The Web server has set up newly

    Can anyone tell me how the connectionstring has to made in the web.config
    file.

    ..ASPX file works fine for me. When I am trying to connect the SQL Server I
    am getting the below message.

    Server Error in '/' Application.

    Security Exception
    by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission
    please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust
    level in the configuration file.

    Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry
    access is not allowed.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.]
    Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable) +473
    System.Diagnostics.EventLog.CreateEventSource(String source, String
    logName, String machineName, Boolean useMutex) +445
    System.Diagnostics.EventLog.CreateEventSource(String source, String
    logName, String machineName) +11
    System.Diagnostics.EventLog.CreateEventSource(String source, String
    logName) +11

    Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement.DefaultPublisher.VerifyValidSource()

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET
    Version:1.1.4322.2300

    I am get the following error.

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFsYQ==?=, Aug 12, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QmFsYQ==?=

    David Lloyd Guest

    From the stack trace it appears that your exception is more likely being
    caused by code related to creating an event source. Please see the
    following KB article for more information.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329291

    --
    David Lloyd
    MCSD .NET

    This response is supplied "as is" without any representations or warranties.

    David Lloyd, Aug 13, 2005