    Event ID: 1088
    Date: 6/15/2006
    Time: 3:35:59 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx
    Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created.
    Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied.

    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1073
    Date: 6/15/2006
    Time: 3:35:59 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: xxxxxxxxxxx
    Failed to initialize the AppDomain:/LM/W3SVC/1/Root/MobileCustomization

    Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException
    Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its
    dependencies. Access is denied.
    StackTrace: at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName,
    String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint,
    StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean
    forIntrospection)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef,
    Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean
    forIntrospection)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString,
    Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean
    forIntrospection)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName,
    Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args,
    CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo,
    StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
    at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
    at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
    at
    System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironment(String
    appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters
    hostingParameters)
    at
    System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironmentAndReportErrors(String
    Derek Smith, Jun 15, 2006

  2. In general, it's not advisable to run your Web server on a domain controller,
    because a compromise of the machine is a compromise of the domain.

    If you need to run ASP.NET on a domain controller, you need to
    create a custom service account for ASP.NET to run as :

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/paght000009.asp

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 15, 2006

  3. The default behavior on a Windows 2003 DC is to lock everything down, so web
    apps are restricted. This is a security thing, as anyone who compromises a
    DC has control of every computer on the network, opening a huge security
    hole.

    You have two choices:

    1. Follow Juan's advice
    a) Add an account - acceptable
    b) Move to another server - better
    2. Give God like rights to the account that currently runs IIS processes.

    If you opt for #2, it will solve your current problem, but will also open
    the server up fo rhte world.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Jun 16, 2006
  4. Derek, did you ever get an answer to this? I am getting the exact same error
    message on IIS 6.0 on a member server. It's an ADFS-enabled Web server
    running a Microsoft AzMan (customized for us by Microsoft), so ADFS should be
    doing the authorizing. But we never get past this error on the IIS server, so
    it never reaches the ADFS federation server. In other words, the problem is
    on the Web server. Please let me know if you ever got this fixed. Thanks!!

    Susie

    =?Utf-8?B?U3VzaWViZXI=?=, Aug 22, 2006