Event ID: 1088
Date: 6/15/2006
Time: 3:35:59 PM
User: N/A
Computer: xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx
Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created.
Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1073
Date: 6/15/2006
Time: 3:35:59 PM
User: N/A
Computer: xxxxxxxxxxx
Failed to initialize the AppDomain:/LM/W3SVC/1/Root/MobileCustomization

Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException
Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its
dependencies. Access is denied.
StackTrace: at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName,
String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean
forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef,
Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean
forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString,
Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean
forIntrospection)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName,
Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args,
CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
at
System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironment(String
appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters
hostingParameters)
at
System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironmentAndReportErrors(String
appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters
hostingParameters)

Juan T. Llibre

In general, it's not advisable to run your Web server on a domain controller,
because a compromise of the machine is a compromise of the domain.

If you need to run ASP.NET on a domain controller, you need to
create a custom service account for ASP.NET to run as :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/paght000009.asp

Derek Smith said:
I have tried installing an ASP.NET 2.0 application and when I try to browse the site I get a
Service Unavailable error. These two messages are logged in the event log.

ASP.NET is running on a Windows Server 2003 AD Domain Controller. Do I need to setup some
different user permissions to allow this?

Event Type: Error

Date: 6/15/2006
Time: 3:35:59 PM
User: N/A
Computer: xxxxxxxxxxx
Failed to initialize the AppDomain:/LM/W3SVC/1/Root/MobileCustomization

Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException
Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.
StackTrace: at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase,
Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean
throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity,
[...]

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The default behavior on a Windows 2003 DC is to lock everything down, so web
apps are restricted. This is a security thing, as anyone who compromises a
DC has control of every computer on the network, opening a huge security
hole.

You have two choices:

1. Follow Juan's advice
a) Add an account - acceptable
b) Move to another server - better
2. Give God like rights to the account that currently runs IIS processes.

If you opt for #2, it will solve your current problem, but will also open
the server up fo rhte world.

--
Gregory A. Beamer

Think Outside the Box!

Date: 6/15/2006
Time: 3:35:59 PM
[...]

Guest

Derek, did you ever get an answer to this? I am getting the exact same error
message on IIS 6.0 on a member server. It's an ADFS-enabled Web server
running a Microsoft AzMan (customized for us by Microsoft), so ADFS should be
doing the authorizing. But we never get past this error on the IIS server, so
it never reaches the ADFS federation server. In other words, the problem is
on the Web server. Please let me know if you ever got this fixed. Thanks!!

Susie