ASP.NET Session ID

Erik

Hi,

i'm using a script to open a Dialog window by window.open();
in order to transfer data i'm using the Session object from the child to the
parent.
The problem is that in IE6 when the child window is opened, the SESSION ID
of that window is different from the SESSION ID of the Parent window.
I would like to know why is that and if there is a way to fix it.

Best regrds,
Erik

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Erik said:
Hi,

i'm using a script to open a Dialog window by window.open();
in order to transfer data i'm using the Session object from the child
to the parent.
The problem is that in IE6 when the child window is opened, the
SESSION ID of that window is different from the SESSION ID of the
Parent window.
I would like to know why is that and if there is a way to fix it.
This is a classic asp group (see
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet for asp.net questions) so I
tried to reproduce this using the classic asp page that appears below. I
was unsuccessful. The same session id appeared in both windows. My
suggestion would be to post a small repro (similar to the one I posted)
to the aspnet group, explaining which type of session state management
you are using: in-process or database.

<%
if len(session("test"))>0 then
Response.Write "session variable already has a value.<BR>"
else
Response.Write "setting session variable to ""a""<BR>"
session("test") = "a"
end if
%>
<HTML>