    I would like to know why is that and if there is a way to fix it.

    Best regrds,
    Erik
    Erik, May 23, 2006

  2. Erik wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > i'm using a script to open a Dialog window by window.open();
    > in order to transfer data i'm using the Session object from the child
    > to the parent.
    > The problem is that in IE6 when the child window is opened, the
    > SESSION ID of that window is different from the SESSION ID of the
    > Parent window.
    > I would like to know why is that and if there is a way to fix it.

    This is a classic asp group (see
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet for asp.net questions) so I
    tried to reproduce this using the classic asp page that appears below. I
    was unsuccessful. The same session id appeared in both windows. My
    suggestion would be to post a small repro (similar to the one I posted)
    to the aspnet group, explaining which type of session state management
    you are using: in-process or database.

    <%
    if len(session("test"))>0 then
    Response.Write "session variable already has a value.<BR>"
    else
    Response.Write "setting session variable to ""a""<BR>"
    session("test") = "a"
    end if
    %>
    <HTML>