ASP.NET session state on SQL Server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ravikanth[MVP], Jul 18, 2003.

  1. Hi sohoni,

    Have you installed latest SP on SQL Server. If so check
    out this KB article...
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=814572

    HTH
    Ravikanth

    long as SQL Server is
    >running session state is made available to pages. If SQL

    Server is turned
    >off and on again or machine is restarted (to simulate

    crash), as soon as
    >page tries to retrieve session state, an error page is

    shown which mentions
    >"SqlException: General Network Error. Check your network

    documentation." I
    >have checked that SQL Server has the session state data

    stored and
    >persisited. I have tried this with a machines which have

    both SQL Server and
    >IIS 5.0, IIS 6.0 and with different machines too.
    >In .NET Framework 1.1 I have observed a new SQL Script

    for installing SQL
    >Database for ASP.NET session state

    (InstallPersistSqlState.sql). I have tried

    Ravikanth[MVP], Jul 18, 2003