Asp.Net Silverlight Media and Xaml control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Oriane, Jan 2, 2008.

  1. Oriane

    Oriane Guest

    Bonjour,

    With Asp.Net futures (Microsoft.Web.Preview), I can't use the Media and Xaml
    controls (Silverlight). I've got this error messages, with several wmv
    files:

    Execution error:

    Microsoft JScript: Sys.Preview.UI.Xaml.Media.MediaFailedException: Unable to
    load media "App_Data/xxx.wmv".

    function Sys$Preview$UI$Xaml$Media$Player$_meMediaFailed() {
    this._naturalduration = null;
    this._enableBuffering(false);
    this._mediaAvailable(false);
    this._ensureDuration(false);
    this._ensureSeeking(false);
    this._mediaEnded = false;
    this.set_caption("");

    var handler = this.get_events().getHandler('mediaFailed');
    if (handler) {
    handler(this, Sys.EventArgs.Empty);
    }
    else {
    throw this._getMediaFailedError(); <------

    Any idea ?
    Oriane

    Oriane, Jan 2, 2008

  2. Oriane

    PhilTheGap Guest

    It looks like you've got your media file in the App_Data folder, after some
    quick tests, I couldn't get my app to play if I tried putting the media in
    my App_Data folder. Where if I moved it to a folder called video and then
    set the MediaURL like this MediaUrl="~/videos/XXX.wmv" it works fine.

    PhilTheGap, Jan 21, 2008