Asp.net site design question

Guest

I need to host a web site strictly for the purpose of serving up binary
files (HTTP RESPONSES) for an internal HTTP client (it is a not a web
browser). These "files" are not static and will be generated at runtime. I
do not require a web page to be hosted, per se, just the ability to respond
to these HTTP requests for files.

If I were to code the logic of creating these "files" in ASP.NET, would I
have to host a (aspx) web page? From what I read, it seems ASP.NET does
require at least one aspx web page hosted (derived from System.Web.UI.Page).
Maybe their's a simpler answer but I'm not seeing it. Any advice is
appreciated. Thx.

Guest

Hi Johnny,

It seams to me like what you need is to implement an HttpHandler.
See documentation for IHttpHandler interface, and maybe check out
documentation
about URL rewriting. Using this combination you may be able to redirect an
arbitrary URL to your handler with the required parameters and from there serv
the requested file.

Hope this helps.