asp.net sitemaps, upload to google?

Anton

Hey
I wonder if the sitemaps we make in asp.net projects can be uploaded to
google to help googlebot crawl the site... Or is the asp.net sitemaps only
function to list the menu items of a menu in the asp.net website?

I ask cause I'm reading a book about seo, and there it says it's recommended
to post sitemaps to google. I used xml-sitemaps.com to generate sitemap for
my site, The sitemaps generated by that site don't look like the sitemaps
I've made in asp.net...

any suggestions?

Gregory A. Beamer

Anton said:
I wonder if the sitemaps we make in asp.net projects can be uploaded
to google to help googlebot crawl the site...
No

Or is the asp.net
sitemaps only function to list the menu items of a menu in the asp.net
website?

That is their purpose.
I ask cause I'm reading a book about seo, and there it says it's
recommended to post sitemaps to google. I used xml-sitemaps.com to
generate sitemap for my site, The sitemaps generated by that site
don't look like the sitemaps I've made in asp.net...

any suggestions?

The word sitemap has a different meaning in ASP.NET and Google SEO. On
the ASP.NET site, you can add the robots.txt and other files and hints
to help the search engine catalogue your site. If you want to help the
engine and upload a "sitemap", it has to be in Google's format.

Peace and Grace,