    If i use the same code in a windows application it works fine.

    Do you have any idea?

    thx
    jack, Nov 29, 2004

  2. jack

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Hi Mario,

    When embedding web service calls in server side applications, you will have
    to manually allocate a certificate to the connection. When you use a
    client side application (win32 code running in an interactive window) you
    get automatic certificate negotiation. You will need to obtain a valid
    level 3 cert for your server to allow it to make calls to secured services,
    and make sure that the called application recognizes the certificate (party
    and root authority) for this to work.

    There are good examples of this type of coding in the WSE 2.0 SP1 toolkit
    that you can download from MSDN.

    I hope this helps

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation
    --------------------

    Dan Rogers, Nov 29, 2004

  3. jack

    jack Guest

    hi Dan,

    so i have to install Server Certificate also on my server?

    thx

    jack, Nov 30, 2004
  4. jack

    Dan Rogers Guest

    You do need a server certificate. This is different than Certificate
    Server ...

    Dan
    --------------------
    >From: "=?Utf-8?B?amFjaw==?=" <>

    <>
    >Subject: RE: ASP.NET SSL problem
    >Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 06:11:04 -0800
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
    3.phx.gbl

    >hi Dan,
    >
    >so i have to install Server Certificate also on my server?
    >
    >thx
    >
    >"Dan Rogers" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Mario,
    >>
    >> When embedding web service calls in server side applications, you will

    have
    >> to manually allocate a certificate to the connection. When you use a
    >> client side application (win32 code running in an interactive window)

    you
    >> get automatic certificate negotiation. You will need to obtain a valid
    >> level 3 cert for your server to allow it to make calls to secured

    services,
    >> and make sure that the called application recognizes the certificate

    (party
    >> and root authority) for this to work.
    >>
    >> There are good examples of this type of coding in the WSE 2.0 SP1

    toolkit
    >> that you can download from MSDN.
    >>
    >> I hope this helps
    >>
    >> Dan Rogers
    >> Microsoft Corporation
    >> >From: "jack" <>
    >> >Subject: ASP.NET SSL problem
    >> >Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:25:11 +0100
    >> >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices

    cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXS01.phx.gbl!cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08

    Dan Rogers, Nov 30, 2004