ASP.Net State Service will not not start on SP4 with .Net 1.1 and .Net 1.0 installed

Andy Elmhorst

We can reproduce this consistently. If we install Windows 2000 SP4, then
install .Net 1.1 ( a soon-to-be typical customer scenario ). We then install
..Net 1.0 SP2, which is required by our product to run. The ASP.Net state
service will no longer start up. This only happens on SP4 of Windows 2000.

What is causing this?

Regards,

Andy Elmhorst
Software Engineer
Renaissance Learning, Inc.

Andy Elmhorst

Just an update: I have opened up a support with Microsoft on this issue.
They have been able to reproduce the issue and are working on it.

Bassel Tabbara [MSFT]

Hello Andy,
Please can you post the solution once you find it with our support
engineers so others can benefit from
your experience?

Thanks,
Bassel Tabbara