ASP.NET stops responding after executing a database query which is time consuming

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by dotnet user, Aug 22, 2005.

  1. dotnet user

    dotnet user Guest

    I have a asp.net webpage which has aroud 20 steps as hyperlink.

    when start button is clicked, then step1 starts which does some
    operation in db and returns some value, based on that value i post the
    same page again to execute the next step. This continues untill the 20th
    step is executed. Now some steps, take lot of time to execute some
    queries(9 million row updates) in the database. So asp.net stops
    responding and do not continue to next step eventhough the db operation
    for that step is completed.

    I have tried increasing the execution timeout property but the problem
    still exists.

    Is there any way i can avoid this

    any help appreciated.

    Thanks