Asp.net stops responding / html & asp work

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by QuestionMan, Jan 20, 2008.

  1. QuestionMan

    QuestionMan Guest

    Good Day,

    Please help.

    We're trying to resolve an issue that has made the rounds in all the
    groups, but we were unable to find any resolutions. Any help in that
    regard is greatly appreciated.

    1. On a Sporadic basis, asp.net pages stop responding with no
    resulting errors displayed in IE or in the event log.
    2. ASP and HTML page respond.
    3. No apparent load, cpu or memory issues.
    4. Recycling does not resolve the crash.
    5. Stopping and starting www service is the only way to fix the issue.
    ASP.Net pages respond like normal after the service restart.

    Thank you in advance for your input.

    QuestionMan, Jan 20, 2008

  2. I'd put in unhandled exception logging using the Application_Error handler in
    Global.asax. It should be easy to find sample code.
    -- Peter
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    Peter Bromberg [C# MVP], Jan 21, 2008

  3. QuestionMan

    QuestionMan Guest

    Thanks Peter. Implementing it now. Will keep you posted.

    QuestionMan, Jan 21, 2008
  4. QuestionMan

    QuestionMan Guest

    Good Day,
    We implemented and tested the application logging; unfortunately it
    did not produce any errors in the application log during the crash.

    What else can we try?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    QuestionMan, Jan 28, 2008