    statements to do search functions in an sql dbase and sql tables.
    TIA
    ..NetSports

    .Net Sports, May 11, 2005

  2. .Net Sports

    Lucas Tam Guest

    ".Net Sports" <> wrote in news:1115831196.772726.135070
    @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > need to find something that will use input parameters with Select sql
    > statements to do search functions in an sql dbase and sql tables.

    This all depends on how your stored procedure is written... and what you're
    searching.

    Also consider using Full Text Searching if you're doing alot of text
    searches.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, May 11, 2005

  3. .Net Sports

    David Young Guest

    Using input parameters in a select command is no different than using them
    in a update, insert or delete command. Then only thing that changes is your
    sql query.

    CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.mySelectStoredProcedure
    (
    @parameter1 varchar(10)
    }
    AS
    SELECT * FROM MyTable where MYFIELD = @parameter1;

    Then you create your command object, assign the parameter and it's value,
    then execute the command.

    Is that what you were looking for or am I just not getting your question.

    David Young, May 11, 2005
  4. Or, have the code generated for you:

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/adonet_source_code_generator.asp

    Here is some additional sample code: