ASP.NET stream writer problem

Ryan Ternier

I'm writing a file out using StreamWriter. What i'm outputting is a 6,398
lines of stupid Jscript arrays.
Yes the system needs to be very very dynamic, and they don't want a page
reload.

The arrays are so huge because the program needs:
Take table 1, and join each row in table 1 to X rows in Table 2.
Take each row in table 2 and assign it to X rows in table 3.
Take each row in table 3 and assign it to X rows in table 4... and so on.
ick.

It runs the code, and writes the file, but only writes half of the file.
The stream getting output is over 300KB long.

It might be that the string datatype is too short to hold all this
information so I switched:

MyString &= "..."
objStreamWriter.WriteLine("...")

This too only generates only half the file. It outputs about 120 KB of
data. Using another utility to create this file from the DB it makes it 300
kb, and the code is Exactly the same.

The stream writer hits every section of it. Even the closing </script> tag,
but the file gets cut in half.

Here's how i'm declaring the stream writer:
-----------------
Dim objStreamWriting as new
System.IO.StreamWriter(objUtil.server.MapPath("/Classification.js",False)

objStreamWriting.WriteLine("<script language=""JavaScript"">")
For loop 1
For loop 2
For loop 3
.... inside this loop is where it will usually end. Around line # 2097
objStreamWriting.WriteLine("</script>")

objStreamWriting.Close
objStreamWriting = nothing

Anyone have any suggestions?

Ryan Ternier

Hmm... The little elf reminded me to always flush after doing something
dirty....
It worked :D

/RT