asp.net tell from code if anonymous access is enabled on server?

Mad Scientist Jr

Can someone post an example (preferably framework 1.1, vb.net but c#
ok) of how to tell whether anon access is enabled or disabled in IIS?
Thanks

Shourie

Can someone post an example (preferably framework 1.1, vb.net but c#
ok) of how to tell whether anon access is enabled or disabled in IIS?
Thanks

Dear Mad Scientist Jr,

For enabling anonimous access in IIS we need to do the following

following steps to go to IIS manager :

First go to start menu on u r desktop
choose Run in start menu
and type "inetmgr"
it opens a IIS window
in iis follow this path
Internet information services>> {your system name} >> default websiteright click on {your virtual directory name(mostly u r application
name} and choose properties
it will open a window containing properties
choose "directory security" tab
inside that directory security tab u will see a "Edit" button in
"annonimous access and authentication control" Frame
click on "Edit"
put check mark in annonimous access and click on "ok" button and again
on "ok" button
this provides annonimous access to u r application in IIS level

Mad Scientist Jr

Thanks for your reply.
I know how to set anonymous access in IIS.
My question is - how do you check from code, if it has been enabled or
disabled?
Thanks again.