ASP.NET Timeout Error

Guest

When using Datagrid ASP.NET pages, the time required to execute a report is
much more greater than when the same report is generated using a ASP page.
Also the ASPX page almost always gives a 'TimeOut Expired Error'.

Joyjit Mukherjee

Hi,

make sure you close all open connections after you are finished with them.

Also, try increasing the connection pool size and connection timeout.

Let me know if that worked.

regards
Joyjit

Guest

Hi,
The connection pool size and timeout are sufficiently high. However i will
check the open connections.
Can you help me with the Best settings values of the various parameters. Our
site is very datacentric with a huge database.
Database: SQL 2000
Server: IBM Xseries 225 with 4 GB RAM, 2.8 GHz Processor.

Regards,
Pritam.

Lowell Heddings

The problem could be something completely different... such as how you
are accessing the data or how much data you are pulling. ASP accesses
data differently than does .NET.

Are you pulling an extremely large dataset?

Lowell

Guest

I agree, i am pulling out a extremely large dataset. To avoid load, i have
revamped the code and am using datareader. Its kind of listing reports with
few runtime calculations for reports. The same works in ASP and is faster.
(also compared by accessing about 200 records thru both).

..net has helped us in various areas and provides lot of good features,
except the response problem - (speed and timeout) - Which is the most
visible and frustating problem the user has to face.

Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
If the time out is event occuring on Response.redirect event,try to set the IsResponse attribute of Response.Redirect to false.