ASP.NET Treeview example anyone ?

Jurjen de Groot

I'm trying to get the TreeView control from the Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls
namespace to work but for some reason it won't render correctly. I've found
some webpages on the MSDN site about this control, where they create sample
code for it but it doesn't seem to work. All node-text is concatenated and
shown as a long string. In design mode you can also add nodes but they all
appear with a picturebox in front of the text, in the picture box is a
little red cross, it think that it can't seem to find its graphics.

Can someone help me get a working example ?

TIA,

Jurjen de Groot
G.I.T.S. Netherlands

Jurjen de Groot

Yes, I also run IIS on my development machine (p4 1.7G, 512mb, Window
2000 Professional)

Stephajn Craig

Make sure that you have the Web Controls installed on both machines. There
is a folder called Webctrl_client used by the Web Controls which must be in
the root of your website in order for this to work.

Jurjen de Groot

Stephajn,

As I understand it the webctrl_client folder has to be located in the
wwwroot, that works! Moving it within the project folder
...\wwwroot\test_treeview does seem to do the trick in the designer but when
running the web-app it doesn't work.

If it HAS to be located in the ...\wwwroot there would probably be a problem
deploying the application to .NET hosting firms I would imagine.

Did you get it to work locating the webctrl_Client within your project
directory ?

Jurjen.

Jurjen de Groot

Ok thanks, I'll try that.

Jurjen.

Stephajn Craig said:
You only need one copy of that folder in the root folder of your website.
So if your hosting company has created a virtual site for you, you won't
need to have the webctrl_client folder in their wwwroot folder, only at the
root of *your* site and that's it.

HTH

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello Jurjen,

If you have follow up questions or the problem is still there, please post
here. Thanks very much.

Best regards,
yhhuang
VS.NET, Visual C++
Microsoft

Got .Net? http://www.gotdotnet.com
--------------------
!From: "Jurjen de Groot" <[email protected]>
!Subject: Re: ASP.NET Treeview example anyone ?
!Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 17:16:54 +0200
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
!
!Ok thanks, I'll try that.
!
!Jurjen.
!
!!> You only need one copy of that folder in the root folder of your website.
!> So if your hosting company has created a virtual site for you, you won't
!> need to have the webctrl_client folder in their wwwroot folder, only at
!the
!> root of *your* site and that's it.
!>
!> HTH
!>
!> --
!> Stephajn Craig
!> !> > Stephajn,
!> >
[...]
!> > >
!> > > --
!> > > Stephajn Craig
!> > > !> > > > Yes, I also run IIS on my development machine (p4 1.7G, 512mb,
!Window
!> > > > 2000 Professional)
!> > > >
!> > > >
!> > > >
!> > > >
!> > > >
!> > > >
!> > > >
!> > > > Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!
!> > >
!> > >
!> >
!> >