    Does any1 have any tips and tricks to enhance the treeview control.

    thanks,
    shailendra
    Shailendra Batham, Dec 3, 2004

  2. Shailendra,

    I don't know a way of doing this with the IE Webcontrol treeview. If you
    think the problem though it's actually quite a complex one. You'd have to
    use a third party menu system of some sort to implement a context-sensitive
    right-click menu. You could try and do it yourself - but I'd not much fancy
    it. In my opinion the best option on the market is probably Telerik's tree
    view control(www.telerik.com). They've got this right-click context menu
    functionality implemented in a really neat way - either XML populated or at
    run time with a neat API.
    Have a look at :
    http://www.telerik.com/r.a.d.treeview/Default.aspx?Tab=Examples&Example=Functionality/ContextMenu
    to see what I mean. They offer a 30-day trial which is worth having a look
    at. Only trouble is you'll start by trying out just the one control and
    probably set your self up to buy about eight of them....

    Your other option might be to try and extend the SKM menu control in some
    way - and bind it to the tree view. It is free - thanks to Scott Mitchel I
    think (www.skmmenu.com - but you'd have quite a headache with trying to get
    the binding to nodes right.

    Nick

    Nick Stansbury, Dec 6, 2004