ASP.Net Treeview in VS.Net 2003

Shailendra Batham

Hey guys
I am using the IE Web controls treeview control.

I popuplate the treeview with XML and it looks fine........... my question
is how can I add a right click popup menu to the treeview control so it
shows when a user right clicks a node in the tree.

Does any1 have any tips and tricks to enhance the treeview control.

thanks,
shailendra

Nick Stansbury

Shailendra,

I don't know a way of doing this with the IE Webcontrol treeview. If you
think the problem though it's actually quite a complex one. You'd have to
use a third party menu system of some sort to implement a context-sensitive
right-click menu. You could try and do it yourself - but I'd not much fancy
it. In my opinion the best option on the market is probably Telerik's tree
view control(www.telerik.com). They've got this right-click context menu
functionality implemented in a really neat way - either XML populated or at
run time with a neat API.
Have a look at :
http://www.telerik.com/r.a.d.treeview/Default.aspx?Tab=Examples&Example=Functionality/ContextMenu
to see what I mean. They offer a 30-day trial which is worth having a look
at. Only trouble is you'll start by trying out just the one control and
probably set your self up to buy about eight of them....

Your other option might be to try and extend the SKM menu control in some
way - and bind it to the tree view. It is free - thanks to Scott Mitchel I
think (www.skmmenu.com - but you'd have quite a headache with trying to get
the binding to nodes right.

Nick