ASP.NET User Accounts

David Quinn

Hello everyone,

Can anyone explain the use of the two system accounts created when you
install Visual Studio.NET and possibly help me with a SQL connection
problem?

I'm currently having some trouble getting my ASP.NET application accessing a
MSDE2K3 database server on the same local machine.
I can access the database using MS Access using the integrated security
connection option however using the integrated security option in the
connection string in web application gives me a connection error.

In the IIS5.1 console I've disabled anonymous access so I assume the pages
are being loaded using my account (when I print the request server variables
to a page I can see that the user is MyComputer/MyLogin).

The ASP.NET Machine A... and SQLDebugger were two accounts added to my
system when I installed VS.NET. Do I need to run the web app in one of
these accounts?

cheers for your help, Dave.

David Quinn

Just some more info on my problem which hopefully may help. I was original
using a SqlClient object to try to connect to the database. I've tried
using a OleDb connection again using integrated security. The error message
now is that the user BLUESTRIDER/ASP does not have a valid login account to
the database. When I use Access to connect to the database I'm using my
BLUESTRIDER/DAVE account -- how can I get ASP.NET to run using the DAVE
account? I thought it was, when I print the Request.ServerVariables object
I can see the BLUESTRIDER/DAVE listed in several places. The only
persmissions I have the site to run under in IIS is Integrated Security.

I would love to be asking everyone slightly more intelligent ASPy questions
but this really has me stumped.

thanks again, Dave.