ASP.NET User Accounts

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by David Quinn, Jan 29, 2004.

  1. David Quinn

    David Quinn Guest

    Hello everyone,

    Can anyone explain the use of the two system accounts created when you
    install Visual Studio.NET and possibly help me with a SQL connection
    problem?

    I'm currently having some trouble getting my ASP.NET application accessing a
    MSDE2K3 database server on the same local machine.
    I can access the database using MS Access using the integrated security
    connection option however using the integrated security option in the
    connection string in web application gives me a connection error.

    In the IIS5.1 console I've disabled anonymous access so I assume the pages
    are being loaded using my account (when I print the request server variables
    to a page I can see that the user is MyComputer/MyLogin).

    The ASP.NET Machine A... and SQLDebugger were two accounts added to my
    system when I installed VS.NET. Do I need to run the web app in one of
    these accounts?

    cheers for your help, Dave.
    David Quinn, Jan 29, 2004

  2. David Quinn

    David Quinn Guest

    Just some more info on my problem which hopefully may help. I was original
    using a SqlClient object to try to connect to the database. I've tried
    using a OleDb connection again using integrated security. The error message
    now is that the user BLUESTRIDER/ASP does not have a valid login account to
    the database. When I use Access to connect to the database I'm using my
    BLUESTRIDER/DAVE account -- how can I get ASP.NET to run using the DAVE
    account? I thought it was, when I print the Request.ServerVariables object
    I can see the BLUESTRIDER/DAVE listed in several places. The only
    persmissions I have the site to run under in IIS is Integrated Security.

    I would love to be asking everyone slightly more intelligent ASPy questions
    but this really has me stumped.

    thanks again, Dave.

    David Quinn, Jan 29, 2004