    impersonating my identity? Any suggestions appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Gavin

    Gavin Jacobs, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Gavin Jacobs

    Chris Botha Guest

    Gavin, look further down in the newsgroup, there is a thread "IIS & SQL
    Issues" by someone called "TipTop", yesterday's date, there are a number of

    "Gavin Jacobs" <> wrote in message
    > I have built an ASP.NET application which has <impersonate = true> in the

    WEB.CONFIG file. I have verified that the impersonation
    > appears to be working because the user.identity changes when I switch from

    true to false.

    > I then try to use ADO.NET to access an Excel file which is on a file

    server. I access the file using a connect string that contains
    > a UNC reference. This works fine on my Windows XP Pro computer, and it

    works on the target WIN2K server if the file is on the server
    > C: drive, but it doesn't work if the file is across the network; I get a

    permission error. I could understand that the ASPNET
    > account is not allowed to access a file on the network, but why should I

    get a permission error if the ASP.NET application is

    Chris Botha, Apr 18, 2004