ASP.NET / V2.0 / Master Pages + App_Code

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by TonyBushell, Jul 4, 2007.

  1. TonyBushell

    TonyBushell Guest

    Hi All,

    I need some help with the following:

    I am building a CMS to bolt onto an existing website. The CMS will be
    uploaded to the existing site off a folder say CMS_ADMIN/ for
    example.

    During the build stages of the CMS, the master pages and classes in
    the app_code folder are all referencing okay and working as expected.

    Now that I am publishing to a test server, I have copied over the CMS
    to a folder named cms_admin/. When running the admin I stumble across
    a number of issues.

    1. The master page is not being found: It's reference "~/master-pages/
    cms.master". I assume this is looking in the existing sites location
    to find the folder and master page as when I copy into the folder
    system above this works fine.

    2. Any class files are not being found. There is an App_Code folder in
    the existing site, but I dont want to publish the admin class files
    here.

    Is there a way to reference both the master and class files so that
    they work both locally (where the did anyway) and on the published
    server?

    FYI - Both are setup with ASP.NET V2.0
    TonyBushell, Jul 4, 2007