ASP.NET Validation control generates javascript error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Vaibhav Shah, Sep 6, 2006.

  1. Vaibhav Shah

    Vaibhav Shah Guest

    Hi:

    recently, we are facing a very strange problem on our production server. All
    ..aspx page in our application having validation control are producing a
    javascript error.

    Line 3
    Chat 1
    Error Syntax Error
    Code 0

    (1) could this be due to the installation of framework 2.0 on our server?
    (2) i tried to copy WebUIValidation.js file in application root, server root
    but no luck.
    (3) the WebUIValidation.js file exists under aspnet_client >> system_web

    our applications are built with .net framework version 1.0.3705.0

    any help would be highly appreciated.

    -Vaibhav Shah
    Vaibhav Shah, Sep 6, 2006

  2. 2.0 uses resources instead of js files. check that the site is still
    configured as asp.net 1.1. also from your site, check you can fetch the js
    file.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Sep 6, 2006