    validations in netscape.Please suggest a solution for this.

    Thanks
    Srinivasa Raghavan
    Srinivasa Raghavan, Jul 29, 2003

  2. Srinivasa,

    The validation controls are not guaranteed to work clientside in any browser
    other than IE. That is why you can also check their validation server side
    for the exact reason you are experiencing.

    Here's what to do:

    Place any code that should only fire if the page is valid in an if/then like
    this:

    If Page.IsValid Then
    '---Your code here.
    End If

    Now the validators will require a post back to the server, but the code
    won't execute unless the page is valid. When an invalid page is returned to
    a Netscape browser from the server the validators error messages will
    appear.

    Sincerely,

    --
    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer

    Free code library at:
    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzche

    S. Justin Gengo, Jul 29, 2003

  3. Hi

    Canu Suggest some other solution apart from validating at server side.

    Thanks
    Srinivasa Raghavan

    Srinivasa Raghavan Sethuraman, Jul 29, 2003
  4. Sorry, but that's about it.

    You could always write your own custom validators for each browser you need
    to support and then check for wich browser the client is with
    Request.Browser.Browser, but that would be an awful lot of code to write.

    There is no guarantee that code will work from one browser to the next. It's
    just something we all have to deal with.

    --
    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer

    Free code library at:
    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzche
    "Srinivasa Raghavan Sethuraman" <> wrote in
    message news:%...

    S. Justin Gengo, Jul 29, 2003