ASP.Net Validation is not running in Mozilla and Netscap

msnews.microsoft.com

Hi Every Body,
I have build the website in asp.net using
vb.net. I use the asp.net validation controls for client side validation.
When I run the site in Internet Explorer, It
run properly and every validation is working properly.
When I run the site in Mozilla and NetScap,
The Asp.net validation is not work properly.
What I have to do for making it compatible
with other browsers.

Regards,

Muhammad Jamil Nawaz

Guest

hi Muhammad Jamil Nawaz

As far as i am aware of the client side Validation controls do not directly
work in non IE browsers they just work at server side.

check this link

http://blogs.msdn.com/scottgu/archive/2004/11/09/254583.aspx

Also in this link check the feedback about using browsercaps by Patrick
he claims that making changes in the browser caps section will enable client
side validations for non IE browsers too

******************************
Hope this helps

Shaun, M.C.P
http://blogs.wwwcoder.com/shaunakp
******************************

Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Validation different for DOM browsers....

Well .net validaotor controls wont work in mozilla or for that matter any other DOM browsers. This is mainly because of the different client side scripts that the .net validators generate.

For DOM validations u have to use certain DOM validators that are available as free or as paid softwares.

Check out the following link.

It would give you the exact explanation and a goo enough solution regarding the same.

http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/051204-1.aspx#postadlink

iam sure, this would sov your problem....http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/051204-1.aspx#postadlink